29 Jun Surge Incident Manager
The Incident Manager supports the ICT Change Manager in the day-to-day management of matters relating to incidents for technical ICT and core business operations, processes within our client’s Service Operations Section of the Digital Technology Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the area of IT and operational support.
Requirements of the Role
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the incident management process; and overseeing problem management during heightened work periods.
- Responding to reports of incidents; and initiating the incident management process including the management of the incident, communicating and coordinating with business areas, external 3rd parties, and team members involved in resolving incidents.
- Prioritising incidents according to their urgency and priority impacts to our client and identifying the cause of incidents with the aim to proactively prevent incidents from happening and minimise the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Conduct regular analysis on incidents and continuous improvement activities relating to incidents and its synergies with knowledge management, system reporting, training, problem management, and change management.
- Provide support to our client’s Command Centre for requests for information/further details on incident reporting.
- Act as an escalation point for more complex faults and problem rectification, including logging, escalation and coordination with team members and other IT support areas. Liaise and consult with clients and other areas of our client’s business on technical support issues and problem resolution.
- Ensure all staff, in particular the on call person, are aware of outages and system changes that could impact their work.
- Provide analysis and advice on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of governance and policy.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
Due to the security related requirements of our client’s environment the successful applicant must be an Australian Citizen and hold current NV1 level clearance