21 Sep Change and Release Manager
Be apart of a project team that strives for success both within their work and individual goals.
The Change and Release Manager will work as part of a project team to schedule and deconflict automated software releases. The team within which the Change and Release Manager will work, will be conducting an infrastructure as code development project tasked with building capability for The Commonwealth. The successful candidate will work closely with automation engineers and will be responsible for all stages of the release management lifecycle including scheduling, coordination between teams, packaging, and deployment of releases as per the schedule and within the budget.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in software release management on complex projects and will have intimate knowledge of SDLC methodologies that focus on end-to-end automation.
Our client is seeking the experience of an individual at the SFIA 5 level who also holds a current NV1 clearance.
- Leading all aspects of software release and version management.
- Planning, testing, tracking, release, deployment, communication, and risk management.
- Scheduling the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Working closely with developers and automation engineers
- Ensuring the automated delivery of capability that is tested, packaged, and released according to stringent quality and capability gates.
- Creation of plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule and within any defined change management processes.
- Plan and provide weekly updates on the release activities.
- 2+ years’ experience in software release management.
- Experience working with automation within CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with git and equivalent code management tools.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Experience in Government Secure Environments.
- Experience managing release engineers and working collaboratively with test teams.