21 Sep Director – Cyber Defence Centre
Emanate Technology are seeking an experienced Cyber Security profressional for a Director role.
The Cyber Defence Centre (CDC) will delivery cyber security operation services to Queensland Government entities. Its mission is to improve understanding of cyber threats, risks and response opportunities. Its origin commences with the integration of cyber security capability with the Cyber Security Unit and Queensland Government Security Operating Centre (QGSOC) with CITEC.
The CDC will deliver the following services to government entities:
- Tracking vulnerability and threat intelligence to ensure rapid response to potential threats by whole Government agencies.
- Leading and coordinating cyber security events and incidents impacting whole of Government level.
- Monitoring and sharing relevant threat intel between trusted partners and Government agencies.
- Contributing to informing and raising security situational awareness amongst agencies on information and communication systems through regular risk intelligence and other reporting mechanisms.
As a member of Queensland Government Cyber Security Leadership Team combining the senior members from both CITEC and the Cyber Security Unit, you will be expected to provide effective leadership, visibly support government’s digital future and actively contribute to the good governance and sound management of cyber security.
Key responsibilities As the Director, CDC, you will:
- be responsible for leading a team of subject matter experts in the delivery of cyber defence as part of the Queensland Government Cyber Security team
- provide strategic direction and advice to develop new or continue to improve cyber defence related initiatives to mitigate the emerging cyber threats.
- build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, agencies and local Government entities to achieve the best interests of Queensland.
- direct the further development of whole of Government cyber defence capabilities, such as in security operations, threat intelligence, digital footprint and vulnerability assessment.
- drive the whole of Government Cyber Security Centre of Excellence through Community of Practice and developing the cyber defence strategic plan and program of work.
- lead and align cyber security priorities with the security strategy to address the changing cyber threat environment
- provide Cyber Security leadership as part of the Queensland Government Cyber Security team.
Should you have further questions around the role, please reach out to Caylen Sagala – Caylen@emanatetechnology.com.au OR 0423 309 517