29 Jun .NET Developer
A mid-sized Federal Government entity is seeking an experienced software developer to join the ICT services branch in delivering multiple applications to support the busness. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rare long term contract opportunity, joining a small specialised software development team, delivering crucial .NET application systems.
The desired .net developer would be tasked in providing the full aray of full stack development including and not limited to stakeholder engagement, detailed design, user interface design, prototyping, programming, integration, migration and research. Working in a small flexible team, the developer will be responsible in developing innovative and forward-thinking software solutions using .Net framework, ensuring the solutions comply with information security requirements and provide specialist advice and/or recommendations to internal stakeholders on software solutions.
- 15-month contract, with 12-monht extension terms available
- Must have Baseline security clearance, australian citizenship mandatory
- Preference is full time on-site in Canberra, WFH arrangements are available
To be successful in this opportunity, a prior experience in the following criteria would be required:
- Strong experience in modern software development mythologies and frameworks including Agile and Scrum.
- MS SQL Server and SQL experience including associated .NET ORM frameworks (LINQ to SQL/LINQ to Entities) along with ability extend a Microsoft SQL Server database using EF Migrations XML and JSON at various application tiers (Database, Application server, Browser).
- Implementing Restful APIs using C#
- Implementing web user interfaces according to WCAG 2.0 guidelines, and verifying compliance with those guidelines
- Information Security/Web Application Security concepts and best practices including exposure to the Information Security requirements mandated in the Australian Signals Directorate Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework.
- Using Microsoft Visual Studio Online ALM, Build and Release functionality to contribute to the Scrum development process
- High performance web applications including load testing
- Proficient with git source control and GitHub
- Complex software requirements and be able to apply their knowledge of software development within an enterprise environment using industry and Government standards and best practice.
- Software quality assurance methods including unit testing, regression testing, peer code reviews and defensive programming.
- Strong communications skills combined with strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like further information please click APPLY.